Saturday 5 July 2014

Mac - ironing out the little things

I just got a new Mac. This page is just to store the notes on things I had to do to get things working the way I wanted, or working at all.

Two finger scrolling


At first, I had no problems scrolling up and down in browser using the two finger scrolling action. Then suddenly it stopped working in Firefox although it worked in other applications that I happened to have open. I read some advice about turning off the smooth scrolling option in Firefox under Preferences | Advanced, but that made no difference.

The solution was to follow the advice in this video posted by Anson Alexander where I had to go to

System Preferences | Trackpad | More gestures

and turn off the option to Swipe between pages.

I definitely value up and down scrolling on a page far beyond swiping left and right, so if this is the price to pay to keep that working, so be it.

Thank you for the solution, Anson!

No comments:

Post a Comment